Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

CREATIVITY IN ALLOWING YOURSELF TO MAKE MISTAKES.....

Sometimes the most beautiful paintings are created from the biggest mistakes. Now the question is, "Will you allow yourself to do mistakes"? It is indeed frustrating and at some point you may loose your enthusiasm. But with perseverance and patience, you will succeed one day.

Since this blog does not have the intention to sell or market art, I can enjoy the freedom to express the art process, truthfully.

 When the idea of doing a sequel painting struck me,  I bought three identical stretched canvas very enthusiastically. As an artist, I planed ahead. I wanted to do an art piece which is unique and original. Since it was an experiment with gesso, I decided  to do one at a time. Working with gesso was quite interesting. The result was also encouraging. Although the subject and colour scheme were all planned, while painting I ended up in an entirely different colour combination. 



  
With a fairly satisfying result of my first piece, I started  applying gesso on the next two canvases simultaneously, keeping the continuity of the subject in mind. But my inexperience in working with gesso added with the  difference in  consistency, which happened while mixing water, resulted in a bit disappointment. Being an optimist, I thought  I can easily correct the differences while painting. But the challenges in front of me was more than I thought.  Because of the gesso, the grooves got hardened fast and I couldn't do much alteration to get the continuity of lines. 


Getting a harmonious gradation of colours was another challenge. The more I worked on it , the more I got stressed and frustrated.    
grads 
                                    At last I  decided to hang it on the wall. 
But I must say, learning from mistakes is indeed a good experience. Because  I believe ,  nobody can teach you the lessons, unless you allow yourself to learn from mistakes....

14 comments:

  1. hey rachel, your paintings are beautiful and i loved the way you have used the colors , i feel like wearing them !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reshmi, thanks for the encouraging words. Good to know that somebody likes it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice paintings Bibi chechi....Loved the colours.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the first one ,bright green one. reason :its more of sunny colors i could see it goes well in any living room .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sag , for the comments. As I mentioned in the post , I was satisfied with the first ones result, but I struggled with the other two.. Hopefully I will redo it later sometime, when I get a spark for that.

      Delete
  5. Biby... I love ur experiment with colours!!!!Yup that first piece really look perfect!!!!Well.. u r getting better learning from each mistakes!!!Keep going.. u r an inspiration to me too!!!!U rock gal!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suz, thanks da.. Felt good to here that u r getting inspiration:) , from me!! Do one thing, subscribe me u 'll get it automatically, at least once in a while..

      Delete
  6. Amazing talent! Keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rijuta.. looking forward to here from you .. Love to read ur posts as well..

      Delete
  7. Beautiful paintings..You have a great talent..Glad to have met you here..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nagini, I have read some of your book reviews as well . And i loved it. Happy to stay in touch..

      Delete
  8. Using the colors at the right quantity and using them rightly keep in mind the different criteria's is an important skill and I believe that as an artist you have done a commendable job. Really artistic ...awesome.

    ReplyDelete